I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each
thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.
-Bob Dylan

Sunday 8 January 2012

A rather cheesy post.. but everyone likes a bit of cheese.

I've noticed quite a lot of people I know worrying about how they appear to other people, and trying to change who they are because they feel insecure. Everyone feels insecure, even(although it's hard to believe)  that girl you see walking down the street with legs that seem to go on forever and a face like Zoey Deschanel. Even her. Ofcourse, wanting to loose a bit of weight in order to look better for the summer ahead is usual. As is the idea that everyone changes over time, god if we all stayed the same all our life things would become extremely dull. However, if you're one of the many people out there who are trying to change their personality due to something someone said or a lack of confidence in yourself, then don't! You are who you are, and trying to change that for someone else is the worst thing you can do. I, like everyone else, have an on going list of insecurities but I've realised that whenever I try to change who I am, I end up feeling really low and sacrificing things that I love most. They say the greatest happiness of all is finding happiness in yourself and somehow, even though I've not completely found that yet, I believe it's true.

Okay, so that was extremely cheesy I know! But it's something I feel very strongly about. Hope everyone has been having an amazing new year. much love

No comments:

Post a Comment